- Make sure that your student-athlete has all necessary paperwork on file with the Athletic Department. Don't assume they will get it done.
- Attend the Meet the Team / Parent Meeting to ensure that you can help your athlete have all the necessary equipment and to help facilitate necessary duties that require the parent / guardian.
- Be a support system for your child. They have a coach and don't need you to be one at home or on the car rides home.
- Be a support sytsem for the coach. Coaches will make the right decision for the TEAM first.
- Respect the game and those that are contributors, such as the officials and event workers.
- Remember that the optimal outcome is not winning or losing, but becoming better people and citizens of our society.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED IN A MEETING:
- What can your child do to improve
- Team Procedures
TOPICS NOT TO BE DISCUSSED IN A MEETING:
- Coaching Philosophy
- Other student-athletes