Each year the State of Florida issues school grades to all public schools that qualify.* School grades are based primarily on the results of state-wide student achievement assessments called the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) which includes End-of- Course Exams (EOCs).
The following components are included in the grade calculation:
- Achievement (percentage of students scoring Level 3 or higher) in reading, math, science. Social studies achievement is also included for middle and high schools.
- Learning gains in reading and math. Learning gains are generally measured by the movement of students from one achievement level (or sublevel) to another.
- Percentage of students in accelerated courses like Algebra 1 and industry certification for middle schools and Advanced Placement, dual enrollment, IB, AICE, or Industry Certification for high schools.
- Graduation Rate (high schools only)
* Some kinds of schools and special programs are excluded from the grading system (e.g. Dept. of Juvenile Justice centers, special education centers, etc.).
Each school offers a unique combination of academic and other programs for students. Below are some of the major programs that this school offers.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Program
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- Building and Construction Academy
- Comprehensive High School
- Dual Enrollment
- Engineering and Manufacturing Academy
- Information Technology and Communication Academy
- Medical Academy
- Public Service Academy
Below is the breakdown of the academic degrees of the full-time staff, administrators, and teachers currently working at this school.
|Highest Education Level||Total||Percentage|
|Bachelors degree or Other Qualifications||74||74.75%|